ISQRMM is pleased to offer five (5) small grants to people interested in exploring the interactions of wellness and joy through the arts.
These grants are available to both established researchers and students.
Title: Music and Medicine: Looking into the body for the wellness and joy that the arts bring to the human mind, body, and soul.
Grant Overview Information
ISQRMM is pleased to announce the availability small research grant opportunities for the 2023 conference cycle. The grants will support both established researchers and students to undertake a research on music and medicine. The awardee shall be expected to present the research findings at the 2023 ISQRMM conference.
A total of $1,700 will be awarded to five (5) recipients as follows:
Two (2) established research awardees shall receive $400.00 each.
Three (3) student research awardees shall receive $300.00 each.
Funding Opportunity Purpose
ISQRMM small grant is intended to:
(1) increase our understanding of how music affects the human body, mind, and soul when it is used therapeutically and / or
(2) use that knowledge to better develop evidence-based non-pharmacological interventions to enhance health or improve the quality of life through their impact on the human mind, body and soul. The modalities of research shall include but not limited to music, crystal bowls, dance, art, Chinese medicine and others.
Terms of the Grant
All applications to this funding opportunity announcement should fall within the mission of ISQRMM,. We explore, using evidence-based research, the unanswered questions regarding the efficacies of all forms of nonpharmacological interventions. These include, but are not limited to, music, crystal bowls, dance, art, Chinese medicine and other indigenous sound healing modalities and their effects on the human mind, body and soul.
The grant recipient is required to present at the ISQRMM Virtual Conference to be held on June 3rd-4th 2023.
The presentation mode can be in any format such as individual paper, workshop, or poster.
Eligibility: This grant is open to applicants from all nationalities. The applications must be written in English and the applicants must be able to communicate and write in English.
Posted Date: February 28, 2022
1. Submit a statement on how the grant will help your research endeavors in your field.
2. Submit an abstract of your research where possible including Introduction, Materials & Methods, Results and Discussion.
3. Short biography, with contact information.
Application Due Date: November 15, 2022. All applications are due by 5:00 PM EDT.
Submit the application electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scientific Review: Applicants will receive responses by December 15, 2022
ISQRMM adheres to the ethical principles and standards governing research with human subjects and animals. We require such research to include a statement that the study obtained ethics approval (or a statement that it was not required and why). In the case of human subjects, a statement that participants gave informed consent before taking part isrequired. Applicants who need assistance in obtaining research approval may still apply and seek this assistance in writing. Send your request to email@example.com
Click here for PDF: ISQRMM Research Grant 2022 Call for Applications